Data & Information Manager
Reports to: Senior VP of Strategic Practice
Category: Full-time, salaried
Location: Remote (though must reside in Tennessee)
Compensation: Salary range of $50,000 – $70,000 commensurate with experience; generous healthcare, 401k, and paid leave benefits
We’re growing! And we’re looking for a new team member to help ensure data is central to the success of our programs and advocacy. The Data & Information Manager will have responsibility for collecting, analyzing, reporting and displaying data to support the data-driven decision-making integral to our Bright Start Tennessee Network’s success. S/he will also maintain our internal database to help ensure the success of our advocacy and stakeholder communications and will generate data insights and reports to support policy briefs, blogs, grant applications, and special publications.
We’re a passionate team dedicated to advancing state policies and practices that ensure all Tennessee children birth through third grade get the strong start in life they need to power our state’s future. We’re hardworking, results-oriented, and operate with a sense of urgency for our mission.
We’re fully remote. Our board, staff and partners live all across Tennessee and our staff members work from home – with some travel to meetings and events. We meet in person, typically in Nashville, on a monthly-ish basis, and virtually throughout the week. Our working hours are 9-5 regardless of time zone but we offer some schedule flexiblity as needed.
We embrace a supportive, positive, can-do spirit and work culture, and actively encourage work-life balance.
You’re organized, detail oriented and love working with data. You get excited about a compelling data visualization on Tableau or a new Excel trick that makes you more productive and efficient. You’re a self-starter and enjoy working independently from home while connecting regularly with team members and stakeholders through virtual meetings. You value precision, and the use of data to reveal insights and guide decision-making. You’re motivated to “get it done right”, and eager to problem-solve and ensure your work product meets the needs of end-users. You’re excited to work with a team and diverse partners dedicated to improving the lives of young children across Tennessee.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Manages the ongoing development and maintenance of our Bright Start Tennessee Network data dashboard, including the collecting, cleaning, analyzing and displaying of data, and ensuring data quality and integrity.
- Develops data reports to inform progress and guide strategy for our Bright Start Tennessee Network partnership teams.
- Develops and maintains our Salesforce database and generate reports to help ensure the success of our advocacy and stakeholder communications.
- Generates data insights and reports – including compelling visualizations (Tableau) — to support policy briefs, blogs, grant applications, and special publications.
- Contributes to strategy across all of our operations, especially offering ideas for how use of data can contribute to our work.
- Stays current with industry best practices and advancements in data management, analytics, and visualization as well as impact assessment.
Skills and Qualifications
- Bachelor’s degree and data experience in the social sciences.
- Proficiency in data analytics tools including Excel and Tableau. Advanced skills a plus.
- Experience with database management and reporting. SalesForce experience a plus.
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills, with the ability to derive actionable insights from data and present them visually.
- Detail-oriented with a commitment to data accuracy and quality.
- Self starter, with ability to work well both independently and collaboratively with a team.
- Exceptional organizational and project management skills.
- Positive, adaptable mindset.
We appreciate your interest in joining our team! To apply for this position, please submit a resume with cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org. While we can’t respond to every inquiry, we’ll contact you for further consideration if we think there may be a good fit. And please, in the meantime, join our coalition!
TQEE is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate against any employee or applicant on the basis of race, creed, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity/expression, national origin, disability, age, genetic information, veteran status, marital status, or any other basis protected by law.